How To Connect Vizio Tv To Computer

Most flatscreen televisions in the market today, whether Plasma, LCD, or LED, share one common trait that is fast becoming a standard featureand that is the ease and simplicity of connecting them to other devices such as DVD and/or Blu-Ray players, video gaming consoles, cameras and video recorders, and personal computers.

This is true for the Vizio XVT472SV, one of the latest, mid-range HDTV models from Vizio that has excellent features (1080p, 240Hz LCD panel with local dimming LED backlighting) while still being affordable. Of course, with 4 HDMI inputs, a VGA input, USB and multiple analog inputs, both component and composite, connectivity is no problem.

So let's say you want to connect your Macbook to your TV. How do you go about itc The steps are fairly simple:

1. Before you start fiddling with cables and ports, you should turn on your Macbook to adjust the resolution. Vizio recommends setting the HDTV timing mode to VESA 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz for better picture quality. But this depends on what your Mac is capable of, so it is best to refer to what your Mac's specifications are. The Vizio's User's Manual has a helpful table of Preset Resolutions, as well as a chart for Resolutions through RGB Input that you can consult. Once you've made your adjustments, power off both your Vizio HDTV and your Macbook.

2. Locate the corresponding ports on your Vizio HDTV and your Macbook. For the Vizio XVT472SV, the output/input ports are found on the rear panel at the back of the monitor. Look for the blue port, as this is the VGA port (D-sub 15-pin port) that is usually used to connect computers to TV monitors.

For the Macbook, you will need to locate the Mini Display Port used to connect to a TV or a secondary monitor. This is often located on the left-hand side of the Macbook, between the ethernet port and the USB ports if you have Macbook Basic, or between the firewire port and USB ports if you have a Macbook Pro.

3. Connect your Vizio HDTV to your Macbook using a VGA cable. You can find a VGA cable made specifically for Macbooks on a lot of different websites nowadays. Plug in one end of the cable into the HDTV's port, and make sure to tighten the screws so that it is secured properly. Plug the other end into your Macbook's Mini Display Port. Also, you can connect one end of the audio cable to the audio output of your MacBook, and the other end to your HDTV's audio input, located just beside the VGA port. Though this is optional, it will ensure that you can take advantage of the audio capabilities of your Vizio HDTV.

4. Now you can turn on your Vizio HDTV, then your Macbook. On your Vizio HDTV, select RGB using the INPUT button on the remote control. That's all it takes and you should be able to see your Macbook desktop displayed on your Vizio HDTV.

This entry was posted in TV Online and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to How To Connect Vizio Tv To Computer

1. Anonymous says:

connect dell inspiron computer to vizio tv?
    how to connect dell inspiron computer to vizio tv

2. Anonymous says:

How to connect computer to tv?
    I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 and a now 32 in. lcd hdtv Vizio Flat Screen TV. I was wondering how I would go about hooking my laptop onto my brand new tv. I dont have any cables, so I dont know which one that i would need? Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous says:

Get an HDMI cable or a Computer RGB cable, connect either cable from the laptop to the tv. Since you’re using a laptop i would recomend you to use an HDMI cable & connect it to the HDMI input of the tv.

3. dazed. says:

How can I connect my Vizio TV monitor to my MacBook?
    I want to be able to watch TV shows on my TV that are streaming from my computer.
    What’s the best way to plug my Vizio TV monitor into my Macbook laptop?
    A VGA, HDMI, S-Video? What cords will actually plug into a macbook?

4. Futurpilot says:

How can I connect my computer to my Vizio HDTV through an S-Cable to use the TV as another computer screen?
    I have a 37 inch Vizio HDTV and an S-cable. I’ve connected the computer to the TV via S-cable but there are no S-video inputs on the TV menu. I have component 1 component 2, HDMI 1 and 2, AV 1 and 2 but nothing for S-video. Can someone please help?

• geso says:

Hi there,
      It is logical to think that if your TV has got S-video then there has to be an input for it. Otherwise why would it has S-video. On your remote, use the input or source button. Remember you must connect the audio as well, L and R should be right beside the S-video connection.
      Now, play the audio video on your computer and press the input button until the video appears on your TV. It should all be in your TV’s manual, you can’t go wrong with the manual.
      If you really have trouble with the S-video, you can get an adapter for S-video to composite. Remember composite carries black and white signal along with other 3 colours. S-video carries the black and white separately giving you a superior video. So please try these.
      Good luck!

5. jimmy colins says:

Blue error screen when trying to connect computer to TV?
    I have a Dell Optiplex gx280 running windows XP. the computer works fine on other moniters, but when i connect it to my TV, a Vizio. I turn on the computer and it goes through the start up all the way to windows xp loading screen. when it is done loading, the screen goes to the blue error screen . what is worng and how can i fix it
    i am connecting through vga